Welcome, Guest

ave our leader back, said cornerback Chris
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer Ut elit laoreet ligula hendrerit. Quis convallis ut lacus eros sit tortor egestas enim malesuada consequat.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ave our leader back, said cornerback Chris

ave our leader back, said cornerback Chris 5 years, 1 month ago #23931

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Theres a lot for the Atlantic Coast Conference to sort out between now and December -- on and off the field.Louisvilles Lamar Jackson and Clemsons Deshaun Watson have the inside track in a compelling Atlantic Division race, and No. 15 Miami sure looks like the team to beat in the Coastal.But the biggest question looming over the league is where those two division winners will meet in the title game, after it was pulled from Charlotte over concerns about a state law that limits the protections of LGBT people.Where, when and how a replacement will be selected and announced is unclear.League athletic directors referred questions about the process to the ACC office, and league officials declined multiple interview requests to discuss the topic.Nobody from the ACC has spoken publicly about it since the leagues council of presidents voted last week at a regularly scheduled meeting to relocate 10 neutral-site championships from North Carolina until the law known as HB2 is repealed.Signed into law earlier this year by Republican Gov. Pat McCrory, HB2 requires transgender people to use restrooms at schools and government buildings corresponding to the sex on their birth certificates. It also excludes gender identity and sexual orientation from local and statewide antidiscrimination protections.In announcing the decision to relocate the title game, ACC Commissioner John Swofford said the process of making such a move in only 2+ months our next challenge. The league also must find new homes for the womens basketball and baseball championships, among others.Among the issues that must be addressed:- Making sure there are enough hotel rooms available for the teams, their fans and the conference officials who will attend.- Arranging the activities surrounding the game.- Issuing refunds to those who already purchased game tickets for Charlotte.Certainly, theres a short timeframe in transitioning some of our championships, the football championship logistically being the most difficult, Swofford said. But when youre making decisions on principle, you dont pick and choose in terms of specific championships.Charlotte had been a convenient, successful host the past six years, drawing an average crowd of nearly 70,000. With four ACC teams in the Top 25 -- No. 3 Louisville, No. 5 Clemson, No. 13 Florida State and Miami -- this years matchup figures to be worthy of its prime-time slot on either ESPN or ABC.They put on such a great show, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said of Charlotte. Fedoras Tar Heels lost to Clemson last year.Now that Charlotte is out, the question everybody is asking is where the game will be held.Swofford said when he announced the move that the ACC had reached out in a small way to potential hosts, saying there were probably limited possibilities while not identifying them.Were not there yet, but we feel like we can move reasonably quickly, he said.They can probably rule out both of the two previous sites in Florida -- Jacksonville and Tampa -- because theyre already booked that weekend: South Florida plays Central Florida in Tampa on Dec. 3, and the NFLs Jacksonville Jaguars play at home on Dec. 4. The ACC title game was played in Jacksonville from 2005-07, then in Tampa for two years before moving to Charlotte.One obvious possibility is Orlando, Florida. That city annually hosts two bowl games with ACC ties -- the Citrus and Russell Athletic bowls have agreements to take its teams -- and this year an opening game between Mississippi and Florida State was played at 65,000-seat Camping World Stadium.A spokesman for Florida Citrus Sports, the group that organizes those games, declined comment, referring all questions to the ACC.The Washington area also could be a candidate. The ACC is no stranger to the metro D.C. area -- its mens basketball tournament was held in downtown Washington in March -- and FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, has hosted a handful of college games, with West Virginia playing BYU there this weekend. Plus, the stadium will be available: The Redskins dont have any home games between Nov. 20 and Dec. 19.When asked about the possibility, team spokesman Tony Wyllie said his focus was solely on the Redskins next opponent, the New York Giants.Another option for the ACC would be to follow the lead of the Pac-12, American Athletic Conference and Conference USA, and play the title game on campus, perhaps at the home field of the highest ranked team. That would put even more at stake for Louisville next week when the Cardinals visit Clemson -- which still must play at Florida State on Oct. 29 to complete the Atlantic Divisions brutal round robin.I dont have any thoughts other than I hope were in the championship. Well go to Pluto and play, wherever, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said. Just tell us where its at and well go play.That seems to be what everyone is waiting for from the ACC.---AP Sports Writers Aaron Beard in Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Pete Iacobelli in Clemson, South Carolina; Will Graves in Pittsburgh; and John Kekis in Syracuse, New York, contributed to this report. Wholesale Air Max Plus . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Cheap Air Max Plus Mens . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.cheapairmaxplus.net/ . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Cheap Air Max Plus Womens . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cheap Air Max Plus China . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak was back at work Monday and said hes ready for whatever comes in the remainder of the Broncos season and over the long term.I feel good, I feel really good, Kubiak said. I got too much rest. Unfortunately, I didnt want it, but I got it. I feel very good. All my tests came back great; its great to be back to work. ... The doctors that are here, the doctors in Houston got together and talked through some things. ... The biggest thing for me is really helping me sleep a little better.Kubiak spent the past week at home after he was taken to the hospital by ambulance following the Broncos 23-16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons?on Oct. 9. Kubiak spent the night in the hospital with what was diagnosed as a complex migraine condition.Kubiak underwent additional evaluation in the days that followed as doctors attempted to find what triggered the headaches. He did not make the trip to San Diego last week and was not on the sideline for the Broncos 21-13 loss to the Chargers on Thursday night.Joe DeCamillis, the Broncos special-teams coordinator, served as the teams interim coach last week.When youre a football coach, taking two days away from what you do is like, What the hell is going on here. Its like having a summer off or something, Kubiak said. It just makes you appreciate the players, the coaches.With a two-game losing streak, Kubiak joked after Mondays practice that he had been hollering a lot this morning, but the Broncos were back on a familiar meeting schedulee, and Kubiak said he had no restrictions on the job.ddddddddddddHe said his message to the players was a fairly simple one.I talked about three things today to the players, Kubiak said. Preparation, detail, and then its time to go put forth the effort and play. Weve got to focus on those things, starting with me, and starting with us as coaches, filter it down through our guys and get a lot better with what were doing.It was good to have him back, just to have our leader back, said cornerback Chris Harris Jr. ...He was just straight with us about what we need to do to get back on track.Kubiak coached through the end of the Falcons game even though he felt ill before and during the game. Kubiak did his customary news conference after the loss and walked back into the locker room.Kubiak continued to feel ill, however, and was taken to the hospital?by ambulance. It is the second time in the last four seasons Kubiak has left a stadium in an ambulance.In 2013, Kubiak suffered what was described as a mini-stroke at halftime of a game against the Colts. He spent two nights in the hospital after that incident.Kubiak said Monday he thought the two incidents were different, but his doctors in Denver and the doctors who treated him in Houston in 2013 have talked in the past week.I feel good, I feel really good getting out here, Kubiak said. ...Im through with it, Im ready to move forward. ' ' '
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Impresa di Installazione Impianti, Sistemi e Tecnologie per la Casa

LE NOSTRE SEDI:
Roma, Via Isole Figi 6, CAP 00121 Ostia Lido

Cagliari, Via E. Orlando, 15, Cap. 09127

Partita IVA 04494161005
Reg. Imprese TRIB. ROMA n.3444/93
CCIAA ROMA n. 771935

Il nostro numero verde è: 800 896 931
Il nostro telefono a Roma è: +39 06 5698910
Il nostro telefono a Cagliari è: +39 070 4511501