Welcome, Guest

e British media reported Monday that Ferdinand was
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: e British media reported Monday that Ferdinand was

e British media reported Monday that Ferdinand was 6 years, 5 months ago #119

• lebaobei123
  • Platinum Boarder
DETROIT - The San Jose Sharks bus was late, so Tomas Hertl had to wait. That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. Hertl has seven goals and three assists in his first eight games and is an early front-runner for the Calder Trophy as the rookie of the year. That production even caught coach Todd McLellan a little off-guard. "Id be lying if I said I wasnt (surprised)," he said after San Joses morning skate Monday in Detroit. "We expected him to be able to come in and make an impact on our team, but not to the extent that he has to this point." Hertls four-goal game Oct. 8 against the New York Rangers put him in the spotlight, spurring plenty of talk about showmanship because he shot between his legs and scored. Washington Capitals coach Adam Oates caused a stir by saying its important for young players like Hertl not to "disrespect the league," while an off-colour locker-room comment by captain Joe Thornton spun the attention in a different direction for a little while. The 2012 first-round pick has cooled off slightly since that breakout performance, but its not like the Sharks expect multi-goal games out of him that often. Given the ups and downs rookies tend to face, he might not finish the season with 20. Thats OK, because as general manager Doug Wilson puts it, "Tomas is not a one dimensional player." "Its not just the offensive numbers," Wilson said in a phone interview. "This kid is very poised in his own zone, he makes really smart plays protecting the puck, and to us hes a three-zone player that just fits in with how we want to play and where were going with our team." Where the Sharks are going is back on the rise, thanks in large part to the next generation of offensive players, including Hertl, potential Canadian Olympian Logan Couture and likely U.S. Olympian Joe Pavelski. And Wilson sees parallels between Hertls growth and what Couture and Pavelski went through as they blossomed into established NHL players. "We just think hes got a great combination of skill-sets: Obviously the size and the hands, but his vision and just how he can play all three zones," Wilson said. "Weve gone through this before and even though its a very different physical dynamic than Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski, but he has the vision and the ability to do things, I think, that high-end players have." Having just moved to North America after two full seasons in the Czech Extraliga in his native Czech Republic, Hertls English is limited. On the night he scored four goals, he kept saying how much of a dream it felt like. Monday he credited linemates Thornton and Brent Burns for his play and fellow Czech Martin Havlat for tutelage off the ice. "Our team is very good," he said. Wilson does believe playing alongside Thornton and Burns has helped Hertl, but the rookie gets points for thinking the game at a high enough level to click with such skilled veterans. The Sharks saw that in him dating to his time at the world junior championships. Of course the NHL is a long way from the junior level, and McLellan expects Hertl to hit a rough patch. "As a 19-year-old and all the emotions of starting the year and scoring seven goals early, its going to catch up to him at some point," he said. "Then well have to work him through those down times as well." The Sharks are prepared for that. Wilson said the organization doesnt go out of its way to promote young players — "we never have and we never will." So if the hype that surrounded Hertl after his four-goal game fades away or picks up, theres a strategy for getting the most out of him. "The most important thing is that theyre a trusted teammate and a trusted player by the coach, who can put them out on the ice in many different situations," Wilson said. "The other stuff, obviously the attention is he scored four goals or hes done this. The respect and equity he earns within our dressing room is how he plays the game shift-to-shift, day-to-day and hes earned that." As for Hertl being a reliable three-zone player, Thornton figures hell find out eventually. "With him and Burnsie, they just forecheck so hard, so I really havent seen him play too much defence all year," Thornton said with a smile. "I think weve only been playing in the offensive zone, to be honest with you." Thats not a bad place to be for a player with Hertls abilities. Maxx Williams Jersey . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. James Hurst Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. www.ravensjerseyscheapauthentic.com/rave...er-black-jersey/.com) - The Oakland Athletics needed to rely on a lot of young pitchers to win an American League West title this season. Ryan Jensen Jersey . (January 11, 2014) – Once again Kevin Martin proved why he is the all-time TSN skins leader, winning $11,500 in prize money and a spot in the Travelers All-Star Curling Skins Game presented by Pintys final following a semifinal victory over Brad Jacobs earlier this evening at the Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre in Banff, Alta. Tavon Young Jersey . The first baseman hit a two-run homer in the top of the ninth inning to lead the Mets to a thrilling come-from-behind 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.MANCHESTER, England - Rio Ferdinand brought his trophy-filled, 12-year stay at Manchester United to an end on Monday by announcing he would be leaving Old Trafford to continue his playing career. The 35-year-old Ferdinand, who became Englands most expensive player when he joined United from Leeds for 29.1 million pounds in 2002, has not been offered an extension to his contract that expires next month. He suggested, however, that his departure was on his own terms, saying in a statement: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing, for what I regard, as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on." A tall, elegant, ball-playing defender, Ferdinand made 454 appearances for United — his last coming in the 1-1 draw at Southampton on Sunday in the final match of the season. He had been marginalized by the club this season, making just 14 appearances. Ferdinand won six league titles, two League Cups, one Champions League and a Club World Cup with United and forged one of Premier Leagues great centre-back partnerships with Nemanja Vidic, who will also leave this summer to join Inter Milan. With left back Patrice Evra soon out of contract, too, whoever comes in as the full-time replacement for fired United manager David Moyes faces a huge task to rebuild the defence. Ferdinand has had injury problems in recent years — particularly with his bacck — and has been following a strict training regime to extend his career, but he signalled he is not ready to retire.dddddddddddd "I am feeling fit and healthy, ready for a new challenge and looking forward to whatever the future holds for me," he added in the statement. While Vidic was afforded an emotional farewell at Old Trafford in his final home match, receiving a memento from club great Bobby Charlton before last weeks Premier League game against Hull and a rousing ovation from Uniteds fans, Ferdinand will leave without any ceremony. Sections of the British media reported Monday that Ferdinand was told in the dressing room after the Southampton match that he wouldnt be offered a new deal. "Circumstances didnt allow for me to say goodbye the way I would have liked," he added in the statement, "but Id like to take this opportunity to thank my teammates, staff, the club and the fans for an unbelievable 12 years that Ill never forget. Winning trophies I dreamed about as a kid came true at this great club." The low point of his spell at United undoubtedly came in 2003 when he was banned for eight months after being found guilty of missing a drugs test. But he will be remembered by United fans as one of Alex Fergusons best defensive purchases, despite his hefty price tag, with Ferdinand breaking the mould for English centre backs with his touch, athleticism and ability to play the ball out of the back. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Impresa di Installazione Impianti, Sistemi e Tecnologie per la Casa

LE NOSTRE SEDI:
Roma, Via Isole Figi 6, CAP 00121 Ostia Lido

Cagliari, Via E. Orlando, 15, Cap. 09127

Partita IVA 04494161005
Reg. Imprese TRIB. ROMA n.3444/93
CCIAA ROMA n. 771935

Il nostro numero verde è: 800 896 931
Il nostro telefono a Roma è: +39 06 5698910
Il nostro telefono a Cagliari è: +39 070 4511501