Welcome, Guest

www.thetexansclub.com
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: www.thetexansclub.com

www.thetexansclub.com 4 years, 11 months ago #24982

• hongwei28
  • Gold Boarder
If Things Stay The Same Charles Omenihu Jersey 2019 , Expect More Pain"The Houston football club has produced several seasons in a row with very similar results. A team that takes the field multiple times a year looking confused and unprepared, poor in-game coaching decisions, multiple key injuries, porous offensive line play and a secondary that gives up big plays like it’s cool. Whatever Bill O’Brien, Romeo Crennel and the rest of the coaching staff did to prepare the team for week one, two, three and seventeen clearly didn’t work. Showing up in New England to play Bill Belichick and Tom Brady that way is akin to forfeiting the game. Doing it in the Wild Card Round in your own house is begging to get fired. Deciding to run the ball up the gut on first and second downs more than any team in the league with a running back corps that features one guy who can get it done in Lamar Miller, one guy who could get it done if the offensive line was top ten and a mixture of guys who’ve never gotten it done is just poor foresight on the game planner/play caller... i.e. Bill O’Brien. The injury bug has decimated the Texans two straight seasons. While they made a move last off-season to address it by revamping their workout programs, it had mixed results. In the 2018 season, Houston did see some rather miraculous improvements in injury recovery from Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt, but losing Will Fuller V and having spotty contributions from KeKe Coutee, D’Onta Foreman and others gave mixed results when scoring one-and-done strength and condition coach Luke Richesson. When you look at the teams who made it to the divisional round, and those still alive to play in the Championship games, the solidness of their offensive lines is clear for all to see. The L.A. Rams quarterback Jared Goff was sacked 33 times all year versus Deshaun Watson’s 65 times. And the “Watson holds onto the ball too long” argument doesn’t hold water as Goff isn’t Kurt Warner’s quick release second coming by any stretch of the imagination. The Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes was sacked less than half the times Watson was (30) while Todd Gurley managed to rack up 1251 rushing yards to Lamar Miller’s 973. And Miller’s longest run was the epic 97 yarder while Gurley’s longest of the year was only 37. Talking about the issues with the cornerbacks has been an annual thing since Rick Smith let A.J. Bouye out of the building a few years ago. With father time catching Jonathan Joseph faster than Joseph can close on an opposing wide receiver, Kevin Johnson’s inability to show he was worth more than a 4th round pick and Aaron Colvin’s inability to stay on the field Charles Omenihu Jersey Mens , Houston’s cornerback room is almost as bad as the offensive line group. Factor in the blind officiating that allows J.J. Watt to wear opposing offensive lineman as necklaces, Jadeveon Clowney to get tackled multiple times a game and its amazing Houston won as many games as they did in 2018. When it comes down to it, however, every team deals with injuries, bad calls and blind luck that goes against them - well, maybe not the Patriots, but that’s a subject for another time. As Brian Gaine enters his first full offseason, with a solid chance to upgrade and retool the Houston Texans roster, there is definitely hope for the player component of this team. With just a handful of key new players, the Texans roster could rocket into the stratosphere of NFL talent. But that doesn’t address the lack of game prep, poor offensive scheming and atrociously predictable play calling. Last week, we ran a poll to see who you felt was to blame for Houston’s insulting exit from the playoffs. It’s not a surprise that 55% of the Battle Red faithful felt Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien (and to some extent Romeo Crennel) was to blame and should find himself in the unemployment line. With guys like Mike McCarthy still out there, Cal McNair has options if he’s going to make a change. Chances are, that won’t happen as McNair is most likely waiting to see what O’Brien and Gaine can do with a full year together. But, that still leaves the option of hiring an offensive coordinator - which McNair should insist on after years of O’Brien proving he can’t get the job done. So Youth Charles Omenihu Jersey , here’s today’s question: Who would you bring in as an offensive coordinator, if you were Cal McNair? Or, would you just clean house right now and try to get ahead of the closing window that is the Texans veteran core of top flight players? Give us your thoughts in the comments box. The NFL spent a lot of time and effort in the offseason simplifying what constitutes a catch and trying to make the game safer with new rules that require both offensive and defensive players to use their heads and not their helmets.Blunders, however, are here to stay.Take Rob Gronkowski's spectacular 28-yard catch between two Texans defenders 鈥?which maybe wasn't really a catch 鈥?that set up a touchdown in the final seconds of the first half, giving the Patriots a 21-6 lead on their way to a 27-20 victory Sunday.The catch stood as called, not because NFL headquarters confirmed the reception upon review, but because the league didn't buzz the officials on the field fast enough to stop the next snap so they could further scrutinize Gronk's grab."New York did get back to us," referee Tony Corrente said. "However, unfortunately, they didn't get the game officials on the field until after the (next) play had already started."Crucially, the catch/non-catch stood as called.Houston coach Bill O'Brien, who would have been penalized for throwing his red challenge flag inside the 2-minute warning, could have called timeout to allow the league office more time. But he said he didn't have a good view of the play himself.Anyway, the clock was running and O'Brien figured the Texans could hold New England to a field goal.They couldn't.Tom Brady threw a 14-yard TD pass with 23 seconds left.O'Brien said Monday he thinks it was indeed a catch by Gronkowski."On the coach's film White Charles Omenihu Jersey , I really do," O'Brien said. "He went up; he caught it; he kept both hands underneath it. Now relative to some TV angles and some other video angles that I've seen, maybe it was questionable. From the coach's vantage point on the coach's tape, it looked like a catch to me."We'll never know what Al Riveron, the NFL's senior vice president of officiating, would have ruled.SEATTLE SLOWSeahawks coach Pete Carroll was slow on the draw in Denver after Broncos rookie running back Royce Freeman put the ball on the ground for an apparent fumble Sunday. But just like Brady in Foxborough, Case Keenum hustled up to the line and the Broncos got the next snap off quickly."They were going fast and I had a couple of seconds to throw it and I've got to find an official," Carroll explained after Seattle's 27-24 loss. "I threw it, but he said it was too late to call it, which I'm sure he was right about that. I just needed to respond a little bit faster. I didn't hear the word from upstairs as quickly as I needed to get it executed before they hurried up."That's how the hurry-up does help you once in a while."Or hurt you.FLAG FOOTBALLThere were 26 penalties enforced in the NFL opener between the Eagles and Falcons to go with offsetting penalties on a Philadelphia punt in the fourth quarter.Eagles coach Doug Pederson, however, is convinced the officials accidentally called a foul on them when it was actually on Atlanta.The officials called holding on No. 39 of the Eagles even though there wasn't anyone on the field for Philly wearing that number. Replays showed that No. 39 on the Falcons, Deante Burton, committed holding.OUT OF SIGHT ...Seattle six-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas ended his holdout last week after his pay-me-or-trade-me demands were ignored by the Seahawks. He had an interception that set up Seattle's first touchdown of the season.Two-time Pro Bowl running back Le'Veon Bell stayed away from the Pittsburgh Steelers amid public criticism from some of his own offensive linemen. And his replacement starred.By reporting to the Seahawks last week, albeit begrudgingly Whitney Mercilus Jersey , Thomas assured he won't miss out on his roughly $500,000 weekly paychecks, although he still wants more than the $8.5 million he'll make in 2018, in the final year of his contract."During the game I'm not thinking about it," Thomas said. "I'm out here having fun with B-Mac (safety Bradley McDougald) and the guys. So, I'm not thinking about it. When I get asked about it, it definitely runs across my mind."Bell's contract dispute triggered teammates to turn on him last week, when center Maurkice Pouncey said, "Honestly it's a little selfish. I'm kind of (ticked) right now. It sucks that he's not here. We'll move on as a team."That, they did.On a day quarterback Ben Roethlisberger struggled throwing three interceptions and fumbling twice, Bell's sub, James Conner, was steady, scoring two touchdowns, rushing for 135 yards and adding 57 more on five catches as the Steelers escaped Cleveland with a 21-21 tie.His 192 total yards matched Bell's best game from last season."I'm so tired of Le'Veon Deshaun Watson Jersey ," Steelers right guard David DeCastro told reporters. "I'm so tired of it. Let's just worry about the guys that are here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le'Veon, but we have to worry about the guys that are here. That's the only people that matter."TWITTER TROLLDez Bryant is no longer with the Dallas Cowboys, but on Sunday his thoughts sure were .The free-agent wide receiver called out his former team with a series of critical tweets as the Cowboys lost their opener, 16-8 at Carolina.Bryant was released in April after eight seasons with the team and remains unsigned.When one fan asked Bryant to have his agent call Cowboys owner Jerry Jones so Dallas could re-sign him, the three-time Pro Bowl selection said he could be a good fit in New England or with the Cowboys' NFC East rivals in Washington.Learning that Jones left the locker room quickly without comment as most reporters were interviewing running back Ezekiel Elliott, Bryant responded, "I love Jerry ,""I honestly don't think HE wanted me gone so I feel his pain," Bryant wrote.AP Sports Writer Tom Withers contributed to this report.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Impresa di Installazione Impianti, Sistemi e Tecnologie per la Casa

LE NOSTRE SEDI:
Roma, Via Isole Figi 6, CAP 00121 Ostia Lido

Cagliari, Via E. Orlando, 15, Cap. 09127

Partita IVA 04494161005
Reg. Imprese TRIB. ROMA n.3444/93
CCIAA ROMA n. 771935

Il nostro numero verde è: 800 896 931
Il nostro telefono a Roma è: +39 06 5698910
Il nostro telefono a Cagliari è: +39 070 4511501